Friday, November 14, 2008

And I Was Like, "What Is The Pink Sisterhood?"

Three days ago, I glanced at my blogroll and the title of one of the newest entries Enchie had posted caught my eye -- The Pink Sisterhood. In the back of my head, I thought maybe it was a rip-off of the 2002 chick flick 'Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood.' I went to her site and found out it was more than that (silly me). It was a socially pertinent tag that's worth passing on to those who really care. To boot, I've been binded with a responsibility.

The Pink Sisterhood was created in the spirit of the 'The Breast Cancer Awareness Month,' which is actually October, but is intended to circulate on-line for as long as it could to increase awareness and encourage early detection of the infamous killer disease.

In April 1997, my Aunt Linda passed away after suffering for almost a decade from this illness. Since then, all the ladies in our family have been more precautious (and paranoid, if I may say) with regards to wearing the right brassiere or resisting any physical activity that might lead to inflicting pain anywhere near the chest area, aside from constantly checking for lumps.

I understand the importance of this tag, so I'm giving this to each and every woman who visits my site and reads this post. Originally, seven people should be tagged, but I think more people should spread this around to support breast cancer awareness.



It really doesn't matter if you're a he or a she. If you fervently believe in the cause, feel free to post this emblem on your blog and write about it. Do your thing.


No comments: