Sunday, February 15, 2009

In the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Well, it was a Saturday. He had work and it was, as usual, my day off from the hubbub of a quasi-complex profession.

Nelson often leaves the office at 4 p.m. on weekends, and it was already 6:30 in the evening, so I was like, 'He should be home by now! It's Valentine's Day for Pete's sake!' Lounging on a sofa bed and on the verge of my shallow tears, I tried to think of reasons why he was an hour late. He mentioned having dinner out the day before, and I'd been expecting him to be home at around 5 o'clock. After all, he didn't text me and there was no confirmation of the date whatsoever.

I finally couldn't help it. I put away my laptop, picked up my mobile phone, and dialed his digits. He answered and I could hear the cacophony of traffic in the background. "Where are you, honey?" I tried to sound as calm as possible. "Not too far away, hon. I'm already in Marikina," was his reply. Hmmm... that means at least 10 more minutes, right? Wrong.

Thirty seconds after I ended the call, I heard him scuffling at the front door. I opened it to let him in -- much to his astonishment! "Akala ko na kayna mama ka! [Why are you here? I thought you were at mama's!]" he gasped. My mom lives next door, and I hang out at her place with Zakei on typical Saturdays. But not this time. I had the sniffles and felt like staying home.

I glanced at the bag of take-out food in his arms. Along with the chow, he was holding a red rose, an equally red heart-shaped balloon, a box of marjolaine cake from Red Ribbon, and a poster he made with our picture on it, all especially for the overrated lovers' day. My honey tried to set up a surprise romantic Valentine's dinner, and I screwed it up! (LOL)


Anyway, it was very much appreciated, honey! I love you with all that I am and all that I'll ever be.


A precious V-day rose from my precious
Happy Valentine's Day!!! :-)


9 comments:

admin said...

what a wonderful V day for u..nice and keep in touch.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Aaaaw, how nice of your husband to spring a pleasant surprise for you on Valentine's Day. You are truly blessed with a thoughtful husband. That was a very nice post about your inner feelings. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Enchie said...

You did screw up (kidding he!he!he!) But again, it proved that you have a very sweet husband. It was meant to happen. The Best Mom Award awaits you Kate http://xtraordinarymom.blogspot.com/

MsRay said...

Beautiful love story, Kate :)

Anonymous said...

wow! you had a wonderful heart's day :)

you are lucky to have husband like him :)

cheers!

riablahgs said...

How sweet!

Rgds,
Ria
It's My Party
The Fashop
In My Home

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

eva said...

hi kate visiting your blog.

allaboutevamee
yellownpink
starbuckscitymug

riablahgs said...

hi kate!

how are you? haven't seen you around the blog world lately. hope everything's ok.

god bless...

ria
It's My Party
The Fashop
In My Home