Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank You for Reminding Me I'm Maudlin

Criticisms and praises don't really define you, but rather your reactions towards such. When people comment on your eccentricities, shenanigans or just the average you simply trying to breathe, they tend to create ripples in your life. Obviously, only the ripples you set free can change you for the better or mutate you for the worse.

In terms of pristine sarcasm, I'm not one of the fortunate benumbed ones who can shrug off nasty remarks in the blink of an eye. I learned enough not to let them disable me like there's no tomorrow though. On the other hand, when the admiration comes pouring in, I make it a point to keep my feet on the ground.

In the hodgepodge of malevolent and benign words, modern-day saints and outright bitches, what counts is that there are individuals who willingly take every journey with you. Those who encourage and inspire you without an air of pretense, notwithstanding distance and time.
Okay, before it gets too mawkish, I'd like to thank Ria for passing on this shimmering Friendship Award, which is the sole point of this post:


This plaque represents a connection and a promising alliance that goes beyond writing. I appreciate it to the core.
And as a means of diffusing the love, I give this plaque to friends with noteworthy personas, not to mention their blogs have gist:


5 comments:

Enchie said...

thank you kate for this...its very inspiring. take care!

Isa said...

'Love you, Katie. See you soon :)
Oh, and I enjoy reading your blogs :)

Kate said...

Love you, guys! Keep up the good work. Mwah!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the friendship and this award

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Congratulations for the award. You deserve it. God bless.